Johnson Controls Recognizes Key Suppliers for Excellence in Execution and Leadership
MILWAUKEE, Nov. 10, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Johnson Controls, Inc. (NYSE: JCI), a global diversified company in the building and automotive industries, today honored 13 suppliers at its second annual Supplier Excellence Recognition event. Awards were presented to suppliers for Johnson Controls and its Automotive Experience, Building Efficiency and Power Solutions businesses in the categories of Excellence in Execution and Leadership.
Recipients of the Johnson Controls Excellence in Execution Award, which recognizes suppliers for their commitment to quality, delivery, service and value, are:
- Pratt Industries (Melbourne, Australia);
- Atlas Steel Products (Twinsburg, Ohio);
- RR Donnelley (Chicago, Illinois);
- Alex Products Inc. (Ridgeville Corners, Ohio); and
- Kurabe Industrial Co. LTD (Shizuoka, Japan).
Recipients of the Johnson Controls Leadership Award, which honors suppliers for their contributions in the areas of innovation, sustainability, continuous improvement, global growth, customer satisfaction, shareholder value and quality, are:
- Innovation: Wegmann automotive GMBH & Co. KG (Veitshochheim, Germany);
- Sustainability: Veolia Environmental Services North America Group (Paris, France);
- Continuous Improvement: Ficosa International, S.A. (Barcelona, Spain);
- Global Growth: DSSI, LLC (Louisville, Kentucky);
- Customer Satisfaction: Butler Tool (Butler, Wisconsin);
- Shareholder Value: Renewable Choice Energy (Boulder, Colorado) and Metalurgica de Medina S.A. (Valladolid, Spain); and
- Quality: Robert Bosch Actuation Systems (Stuttgart, Germany).
“Johnson Controls enjoyed record performance in fiscal year 2011. We could not have achieved that success without our many suppliers around the world and their commitment to values we share with our customers, such as quality, continuous improvement, innovation and sustainability. We are pleased to recognize this year’s recipients of the Johnson Controls Excellence in Execution and Leadership awards and thank them for their contributions to our long-term growth,” said Steve Roell, chairman and chief executive officer of Johnson Controls.
About Johnson Controls
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries. Our 162,000 employees create quality products, services and solutions to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings; lead-acid automotive batteries and advanced batteries for hybrid and electric vehicles; and interior systems for automobiles. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value to shareholders and making our customers successful. In 2011, Corporate Responsibility Magazine recognized Johnson Controls as the #1 company in its annual “100 Best Corporate Citizens” list. For additional information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com
SOURCE Johnson Controls, Inc.