Johnson Controls Recognizes Key Global Suppliers for Excellence in Execution and Leadership
MILWAUKEE – (Nov. 12, 2010) – Johnson Controls (NYSE: JCI) honored 13 suppliers recently at its corporate Supplier Excellence Recognition Event held at the Milwaukee Club in Milwaukee. Awards in the categories of Excellence in Execution and Leadership were given to suppliers of the company’s Building Efficiency, Power Solutions and Automotive Experience businesses.
The Excellence in Execution award recognizes supplier achievements in the areas of quality, delivery, service and cost. The Leadership award honors suppliers for their contributions to innovation, sustainability, continuous improvement, global growth, customer satisfaction, shareholder value and quality.
“Our suppliers are integral to our success as a global growth company,” said Steve Roell, chairman and chief executive officer, Johnson Controls. “These 13 suppliers have demonstrated a strong commitment to excellence and leadership throughout this year and we are proud to recognize their outstanding contributions.”
The theme of the event was based on Johnson Controls’ 125th anniversary – honoring our past, inspired by our future.
Recipients of the Excellence in Execution awards were:
- Xiong Wei Precision Machinery Works (Wuxi, China);
- Atlas Steel (Twinsburg, Ohio);
- KW Plastics (Troy, Alabama);
- Automatic Spring Products (Grand Haven, Mich.); and
- Hornschuch (Wiessbach, Germany);
Recipients of the Leadership Awards were:
- Innovation: Entek International, LLC (Lebanon, Oregon);
- Sustainability: SKF (Goteborg, Sweden);
- Continuous Improvement: Hazelett Strip-Casting Corp. (Colchester, Vermont);
- Global Growth: Pacific Rim Capital (Aliso Viejo, California);
- Customer Satisfaction: Tamarana Metais Ltda (Tamarana, Brazil);
- Shareholder Value: Constellation New Energy Inc. (Baltimore, Maryland) and Manufacturers Industrial Group (Lexington, Tenn.); and
- Quality: W.E.T. Automotive Systems (Windsor, Ontario).
About Johnson Controls:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in over 150 countries. Our 137,000 employees create quality products, services and solutions to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings; lead-acid automotive batteries and advanced batteries for hybrid and electric vehicles; and interior systems for automobiles. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value to shareholders and making our customers successful.
For more information, please contact Debra Lacey at email@example.com.