Johnson Controls Honors Leading Suppliers During Annual Awards Ceremony
Top suppliers recognized for performance and leadership during North American Supplier Performance Awards ceremony
PLYMOUTH, Mich., Nov. 3 /PRNewswire/ — Johnson Controls (NYSE: JCI) recognized its top performing automotive suppliers during its 14th annual North American Supplier Performance Awards ceremony. The event was held recently at The Inn at St. John’s in Plymouth, Mich. A total of 29 awards were given to 27 supplier companies that demonstrated their commitment to the Johnson Controls Automotive Experience business.
"We are proud to recognize and work with the honored suppliers, as they help Johnson Controls maintain its commitment to excellence," said Terry Nadeau, vice president of purchasing, North America. "The suppliers’ dedication to quality, innovation, and leadership is a key attribute to our success as a global automotive leader. These awards are a way for us to thank our supply base for their continued focus and performance, especially in a challenging time in the industry."
Johnson Controls’ North American Supplier Performance Awards are presented for top performance in the following key business areas: quality; cost; logistics; development; technology and service. This year, outstanding performance by the company’s supply base was recognized on three levels – gold, silver and bronze.
Recipients of the Gold 2009 Supplier Performance Award were: -- Acoustek Nonwovens, Inc. Statesville, N.C. -- ARJ Manufacturing Jackson, Tenn. -- Automatic Spring Products Corp. Grand Haven, Mich. -- Creative Foam Corp. Fenton, Mich. -- Delaco Kenwal Dearborn, Mich. -- Dudek & Bock Chicago -- E & E Manufacturing Co. Plymouth, Mich. -- Gill Industries Inc. Grand Rapids, Mich. -- Global Enterprises Huntington Woods, Mich. -- Janesville Acoustics Southfield, Mich. -- Kenwal Steel Corp. Dearborn, Mich. -- Lakeside Plastics, Inc. Windsor, Ontario, Canada -- Manufacturers Industrial Group Lexington, Tenn. -- OJI Intertech, Inc. North Manchester, Ind. -- Petoskey Plastics, Inc. Petoskey, Mich. Silver 2009 Supplier Performance Award recipients were: -- Eagle Ottawa Auburn Hills, Mich. -- Foss Manufacturing Co. Hampton, N.H. -- Kimball Electronics Group Jasper, Ind. Supplier companies recognized with a Bronze 2009 Supplier Performance Award were: -- Alex Products, Inc. Ridgeville Corners, Ohio -- BAE Industries, Inc. Auburn Hills, Mich. -- Chin Poon Industrial Co., Ltd Tao-Yuan Hsien ,Taiwan -- The Oakwood Group Dearborn, Mich. -- Gemini Group, Inc. Bad Axe, Mich.
Johnson Controls officials awarded six additional leadership awards during the ceremony, including the:
- Minority Business Development Leadership Award to Manufacturers Industrial Group for its level of diversity purchases and process of working with minority suppliers;
- Leadership Award for Community Partnership to BBK, Ltd. of Southfield, Mich. for the company’s collaborative work with Johnson Controls to serve and support the local community;
- Innovation Leadership Award to Innotec Group of Zeeland, Mich. for the company’s leadership in working with Johnson Controls to bring product innovation to the market;
- Quality Leadership Award to The Troxel Co. of Moscow, Tenn. for the company’s benchmark performance in quality year over year;
- Supply Chain Leadership Award to Anderson-Cook, Inc. of Clinton Township, Mich. in recognition of its benchmark materials performance in delivery and information management across its Johnson Controls supply chains; and
- Commercial Leadership Award to Automatic Spring Products Corp. of Grand Haven, Mich. for the company’s benchmark performance with Johnson Controls regarding costing and manufacturing operations expertise.
Johnson Controls (NYSE: JCI) is the global leader that brings ingenuity to the places where people live, work and travel. By integrating technologies, products and services, we create smart environments that redefine the relationships between people and their surroundings. Our team of 140,000 employees creates a more comfortable, safe and sustainable world through our products and services for more than 200 million vehicles, 12 million homes and one million commercial buildings. Our commitment to sustainability drives our environmental stewardship, good corporate citizenship in our workplaces and communities, and the products and services we provide to customers. For additional information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com/.
Editor’s Note: Photos of the award winners are available by contacting Debra Lacey at (734) 254-5735 or email@example.com.
PRN Photo Desk, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE: Johnson Controls
Web site: http://www.johnsoncontrols.com/