Recaro Automotive Seating unveils new performance car seats at IAA 2017
Frankfurt, Germany, September 12, 2017 – „We observed a change of global market requirements in the relevant performance segments“, says Ingo Fleischer, vice president at Adient Specialty Seating. „To meet the increasing demands for performance, safety and comfort, we developed a new generation product platform. Our innovative RPSP delivers advanced seating solutions for today and tomorrow, addressing a broad range of performance segments and vehicles.“
• At this year’s IAA, Recaro Automotive Seating is showcasing two applications of the new Recaro Performance Seat Platform (RPSP): The first is targeting the global Power Performance segment; application number two is a demonstrator with advanced design innovations, e.g. a visible, carbon fiber-woven backrest structure and is aiming at the Luxury Power Performance segment.
• Targeting compact performance SUVs combining advanced driving comfort and sporty attitude is Recaro’s “Premium Performance” segment seat. As a result of extensive test runs, this concept offers premium comfort and riding performance especially suited to SUVs. It has Recaro ergonomics, design, foam and trim on an OEM series metal structure. Features like adjustable side bolsters in the backrest, a flat seat cushion for easy ingress/egress and the unique Recaro design provide a performance seat experience for active living.
• The new “Luxury Power Performance” OEM concept for driver and passenger seats offers exclusive riding performance, providing high-end comfort and Recaro ergonomics. Select, elegant materials such as leather, perforated Alcantara and brushed aluminum are combined with powered adjustment functions for maximum body support.
• Celebrating Recaro Automotive Seating’s 50th anniversary of street-licensed shell seats at IAA, the new Pole Position (ABE) Edition 2018 will be displayed. It is designed as an exclusive pure performance shell seat for driving fun on public roads. In the “Dynamic Performance” segment it combines a distinctive sporty, clean design and premium craftsmanship for individual, cool interiors with a purely dynamic riding performance. The limited edition offering of 300 seats is characterized by the distinctive Recaro design.
• Another new aftermarket seat is the all-new Recaro Racing Shell concept, addressing the “Pure Power Performance” segment. It is developed as an exclusive pure racing shell for semi-professional and professional motorsport drivers. In select markets like Japan, the shell will also be eligible for use on public roads. Its high-performance carbon fiber shell provides a maximum of safety and dynamic rigidity, pronounced side support in backrest and seat cushion, and long-distance driving comfort.
Recaro Automotive Seating’s exhibition at IAA 2017 is part of the Adient presentation in Hall 5.1, booth B24.
About Recaro Automotive Seating:
Recaro Automotive Seating is a product group of Adient. At seven locations in Germany, Poland, Slovakia, Japan, Mexico, and the USA, we design, manufacture, and market complete seats representative of our core competencies of design, ergonomics, craftsmanship, robustness, lightweight construction, and first-class workmanship, under the brand name Recaro.
Recaro Automotive Seating consists of two units: While Recaro Performance Car Seating offers passenger car seats for OEMs and the aftermarket, Recaro Commercial Vehicle Seating focuses on commercial vehicle seats in the OEM and aftermarket segments. Recaro Automotive Seating uses the brand Recaro under a license of the Recaro Holding.
Adient is a global leader in automotive seating. With 75,000 employees operating 230 manufacturing/assembly plants in 33 countries worldwide, Adient produces and delivers automotive seating for all vehicle classes and all major OEMs. From complete seating systems to individual components, the company’s expertise spans every step of the automotive seat-making process. Adient’s integrated, in-house skills allow it to take products from research and design all the way to engineering and manufacturing – and into more than 25 million vehicles every year. To learn more, please visit adient.com.